On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 13:18 -0500, Francis Giraldeau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are many tools out there that does the same thing as iTalc. At the
> Ubuntu Developer Summit last month, we settle to say that duplicating
> efforts leads half functional tools.
>
> We decided to concentrate our efforts to make iTalc the best desktop
> management tool. Our goal is to make it work out of the box with
> thin-clients.
>
> Some work have been started, thanks to Stéphane Graber. We hold
> modifications into the bzr branch here :
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~edubuntu-italc-devel/italc/italc-hardy
>
> This is the code for the hardy target. All modifications are done with
> patches, so it will be easy for you to merge them.
>
> The roadmap for hardy is there :
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EdubuntuAndItalcHardy
>
> Have a nice day,
>
> Francis

Hi,

The current version (from bzr) has been uploaded to Hardy today and will
be available on archive.u.c in the next few hours.

It includes the UI fixes (removing the ICA icon, disabling the help
bubble by default and removing the "no configuration directory" message)
and better commands for logout, reboot and shutdown (for gnome and kde).

The package also creates the different keys at install time and set the
file permissions (admin group having write access on them).

Another upload will be done a bit later including the LTSP launchers
(for ICA and iTalc) running ICA on the right different ports depending
on the thin client IP and generating a .xml config file from the list of
currently connected clients.

Stéphane