Mathias Damour
<mathias.damour-qfkgk+z4sorr7s880jo...@public.gmane.org> writes:

> We had a talk and I guess the idea was to integrate Vikidia into
> this.

(Or rather integrate this into Vikidia?)

> However, I don't get it. Be it an automatic system that use Vikidia's
> content among others, that's fine. But when it comes to produce content, we
> have to worry about our own consistency first, in order to allow the users
> to work in good conditions.

I very much agree with this POV.

Splitting and writing various contents upstream depending on the
target audience sounds like "premature optimization".

Sure, assumptions on who are the readers cannot be avoided, but the
side-effects of having wrong assumptions are less damaging when the
content stay consistent rather than targetted (upstream and early.)

Also, it seems easier to build adapted learning path from consistent
content rather than to build consistent content from splitted paths.

Think of software design: you want a consistent set of features
before considering customization, rather than several set of pre-
configured versions before general consistent defaults.  I know
this analogy has its limits, but still.

2 cts,

--
 Bastien