Hi
I have the same problem with all my efw boxed on both intel and amd
cpus. I normaly loggin via the web interface deactivate the ssh and
reactivate to force it to start strait away. then I run top and clamd
and hapv are both running 100% cpu usage . and nothing else starts up
until these processes have finished.. it takes 30min or longer to get a
usable system ..

I would suspect that there is a problem with the clamav libraries as
this is common to both havp and clamd. Unfortunetly I don't have the
time at this moment to resolve it .. If I get the time i'll try and
build updates for the latest version of clamav ...
Greg

Rafael Fonseca wrote:
> Gustavo Villaran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>> Hi, i just changed to the las stable version and is not working good,
>> havpd have some strange behavour,
>> and the box takes like 20 minutes to fully startup, the proxy logs are
>> not working also.
>>
>> anyone knows how to correct this situation?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> I'm glad and sad at the same time to find that I'm not the only one in this
> situation.
>
> Havp DOES take about 55 minutes (clocked) to start on my hardware, a P4 3.0Ghz
> with 1Gb of RAM and 4 network cards. I do have a big cache (20Gb+) set, but it
> still is absurd. It started fine when we first got it, but since then it just
> took longer and longer. Can't trial 2.2 yet as it isn't final and I cannot
> take
> this machine out of my network. I have tried it in VMware and it does look
> better, but I still don't know about Havp.
>
> Something that may be related to this is the fact that ClamAV crashes
> constantly, especially if I have mail virus-scanning enabled. Anyone
> experiencing that as well?

Gregory Machin
CT-Net
www.ct-net.org