Hi,

I'm moving from IPCOP to EFW, I've been evaluating for a few weeks now, and
I came across following issue :

I've setup the http proxy as transparent, to port 800, kept the default
settings, I've no orange/blue subnet at the moment,

I set the correct allowed subnet.

All browsers are set to automatically discover the proxy settings

No changes to the other options yet (like content filter etc..)

My issue(s) :

-          E.g. none of the Dell sites work (dell.be or dell.com) by that I
mean, the site shows up in my browser, but the interaction does not work
(like pressing the logon button for premier login etc..), some of the tools
I need to use)

o   In firefox it just sits there

o   In IE I can see an error in the "Problems with this webpage might
prevent.." (the little icon in the lower left corner), but as usual, it does
not help much ("object not found")

o   As soon as I turn the proxy server off, close and restart my browser,
the issue is gone

-          I'm running a Vista MCE and XP MCE, while the proxy is turned on,
they cannot update/download the guides from microsoft.com, I get a guide
error update error, although I can see in the proxy logs, that the pc is
trying to download from data.tvdownload.microsoft.com:443

o   As soon as I turn the proxy server off, and force a guide download, the
guide is updated in minutes

-          Domaintools.com, when I login and go to my domain monitor, it
does not show a certain button-bar, when I turn off the proxy, and refresh
the page, phouffff the button-bar is there, when I turn on the proxy again,
and refresh this page .. Yes, button-bar gone L

Steps I already went through to test :

-          Exluded the dell sites and microsoft tv download site from the
proxy cache

-          As well as from the content filter (although it is not used)

Does not change or improve things

As soon as I turn the proxy server off, close and restart my browser, the
issue is gone

It is happening on both XP as Vista machines

Anyone any idea? Or solution?

This issue is keeping me from fully migrating, and from advising the
commercial editions to my customers

L.