I think you are probably right, Endian doesn't seem to be all that responsive.
They also don't seem all that interested in
complying with the GPL license. I sent an email directly to the folks
associated with the EFW sourceforge project. If
I don't hear anything back from them in the next couple of days I'll release
the dev environment anyways.

I created the dev environment because I wanted to replace and rebuild some of
the packages in EFW with newer versions. In
the process I decided it would be nice to just update the whole thing and base
it on one of the main distributions.

I chose CentOS. I created a snapshot of the source and I have the base OS
working and I'm updating the installer now, then
I'll port the Endian packages over. I should have an initial alpha release
available in a week or so.