Hello. Help me please, I'm confused. As far as I remember, there was the
only way to pass filters to search query - via filtered query. But
currently there is a top-level filter part of the query. However, top-level
filter affects query only and doesn't affect i.e. facets. But filtered
query filter affects both of the query and facets facilities. Also, I
remember there was a time I need to add match_all query to filtered query
section
if query was empty and filters only was present. Otherwise returned empty
set of documents. Since I'm trying to create high-level Ruby library could
you please answer following questions:

1) Which way is preferred now and in future: filtered top-level query or
top-level filter with top-level query?
2) How do you plan to resolve such an API inconsistency when filtered query
filter affects outside statements and top-level filter doesn't affect some
parts of request?
3) Why do I remember about match_all feature and when did requests started
to return all the documents with empty query section in filtered query? I'm
checking it right now on 1.2.0 and I don't need to use match_all, or
constant_score it just returns all the docs for me.

Thanks in advance.