I didn't use sharding with solr. Does disabling sharding improve the performance significantly, at least if you only plan to use it on one node?
Disabling sharding shouldn't make any significant difference

It would demand some work to isolate these queries. However, I managed to find out the reason why the query last much longer: the number of queried fields increased from 9 (solr) to 25 (es). I thought this had no impact: the number of tokens in the index got not changed but is now more distributed in different fields. In other words: it turned out that the number of fields you query has a greater impact on performance than the number of tokens stored in a indexed field. So I know what to do and try union fields where possible. Thanks for your help!

To me this means that the documents that are indexed in solr and Es are different. Is this correct? Would you mind sharing the schema of the document you are indexing in Solr and ES ? We may be able to provide tips / ideas to improve search performance

All the best,
Stéphane Bastian