I'm a bit confused. Are you downgrading just because of Kibana compat
issues? seems to me like killing a fly with a bazooka.

Enabling CORS and using K3 dashboards seem like the better solution to me,
for now. K4 isn't even officially released yet. As for data disappearing,
I'm sure it wasn't and a relaxed debugging session can help you find that.

As for export-import - yes, knapsack is a great option but it does make
sense Joerg hasn't updated it yet as its not officially maintained. Writing
your own export-import tool is an easy option; I'd also look at
https://github.com/elasticsearch/stream2es ,
https://github.com/taskrabbit/elasticsearch-dump

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko