I know, I'm kicking myself for this. TBH my thinking was along the lines of
"new dashboards! - new kibana but that's okay it's works on it's own
server, K3 dashboards will still work - oh, ES update required, well new
kibana index needed so that explains that - oh fuck...what the hell is CORS
? can i back out ? why the fuck wasn't this highlighted in the release
notes, i mean in big glowing letters as in THIS WILL BREAK YOUR EXISTING
SETUP

Those were my thoughts, more or less.