Hi David,
I managed to figure out the MySQL things!
I'm now getting these errors and I don't know why. I'm testing only an
empty database called "test", there aren't any tables in it:

11:43:10,397 ERROR [SchemaExport] Unsuccessful: alter table Person add
constraint FK8E4887752ACD7745 foreign key (marketing_id) references
Marketing

11:43:10,397 ERROR [SchemaExport] Cannot add foreign key constraint

11:43:10,523 ERROR [SchemaExport] Unsuccessful: alter table Person add
constraint FK8E488775BD8AD345 foreign key (address_id) references Address

11:43:10,523 ERROR [SchemaExport] Cannot add foreign key constraint

11:43:10,523 ERROR [SchemaExport] Unsuccessful: create sequence
hibernate_sequence

11:43:10,523 ERROR [SchemaExport] You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near 'sequence hibernate_sequence' at line 1