*** A tuner in the rig should work fine...if the coax run is short in
terms of wavelengths.

   My home 6BTV antenna OTOH has a 230 foot feedline.   I did NOT want
to run a high SWR on that coax. So I installed an MFJ kilowatt autotuner at the base of the antenna. Works pretty well, although I could wish for
more control over it.  From the shack, all I can do is cycle power on
the tuner via the injection tap. And hope it does better on a second try.

If I want to really get the tuner's attention, I have to trudge up the hill
with tools, take the cover off and perform a factory defaults reset.

               - Jerry, KF6VB