Any comparison has to consider what the rig is used for too.

Most comparisons are made by contesters. Assuming a rig that is best for
contesting is best for other operating is like saying that a championship
Formula 1 racing car is best vehicle for taking a drive to the grocery
store.

Frankly, I *hate* tiny-bandwidth pinched filters. I use the OPT1 filter for
CW on my K2 more than any other filter settings. I don't care one whit if I
can hear the clicks from a rig 10 feet away 25 Hz from the signal because 1)
I don't operate 10 feet from another rig and 2) I believe that polite
operating requires more than 25 Hz signal separation on CW. Obviously I am
not trying to score the highest in a contest and I'd rather work DX that
isn't at the bottom of a pileup.

I could go on ad-infinitum, but I've made my point. For those who are
looking for the ultimate "contest" rig, FB. Go for it and have fun. If you
are looking for a rig that's fun to operate, you may want something quite
different.

Bottom line, don't let a "guru" tell you what's right for you unless he's
doing exactly what you want to do. Even then, you might be disappointed in
the results.

Ron AC7AC