On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 10:20, Brian Mury wrote:
> It's no surprise that a full size quarter wave beats any loaded
> vertical, but I disagree that they all have dismal performance.

What I said and what I was thinking were not exactly the same. I meant
to say that the antennas in the shootout don't all have dismal
performance compared to the full size quarter wave reference antenna
used. Compared to a full size quarter wave with a good counterpoise -
well, that's a different question!

--
73, Brian
VE7NGR