Why QSL 100%?

I answer all QSL's that I receive with a paper QSL in an envelope, although
there are times I grumble when a station 1000 miles away asks for the fourth
QSL for our fourth QSO...

I send a QSL to a new country, or in recognition of a special QSO. About one
in ten includes a letter about what we were talking about - the local town,
the country, a new rig, etc. - and maybe some pictures or sketches or
schematics. Some long term letter swapping has ensued with many hams over
projects, and I found myself being mentored by some pretty neat ops at
times. That's how Doug DeMaw, W1FB, and I became friends via snail mail some
years ago. My only regret what that we never got an eyeball QSO before he
became an SK.

I guess for those who QSL for all sorts of awards - every grid square, all
call signs containing a number, etc. - some sort of automated system is
useful because a confirmation is wanted for just about every QSO.

But for me, an electronic QSL is about as interesting as QRN.

Ron AC7AC