Ok, folks - this is off topic, but since y'all have been a font of knowledge
about kit building, I thought I would try this question...

How hard is SMT soldering, really? I've been lusting after the TAPR Software
Defined Radio kit,(http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/Fdsp10.html) but it's majority
SMT. I'm in my 30's, with fairly steady hands and decent vision... with the
proper tools, should I be able to do this? Any experienced SMT builders out
there got any pointers?
Please respond to me directly - I'll summarize for the list later if there's
interest.

Now, for the other shoe - I just ordered a KX1 to go with my now almost 5 year
old K2 (#668). This should be fun!

73 DE KF4BAL/V73
Richard Perry