Sandy

Good lighting and inspection capability is essential for any construction work,
through hole or SMT.

You would actually find less issues with lighting on SMT work although in some
cases you are
correct, because of the reduced pitch of the parts, especially IC pins, a good
magnifier can become
essential.

> Big smile ;^)

Only as long as you do not drop any parts (especially MLCC's as they have no
markings!), then its
frown time!

There is still a lot to be said for all the parts having the value marked well,
and Elecraft do well
by supplying the through hole parts on bandolier from a sequencer so they can
be removed in line
with the assembly manual, not so easy to do that with SMT. This was missed in
the earlier posts.

John (GM1BSG)