Now that Wayne Burdick has a great idea. An introductory kit to SMT
devices. That is why I like Elecraft. Thinking folks.....

        As the cordinator for a "build day" for our local radio club, I embarked
upon a small inexpensive kit search that would give our novice builders the
biggest bang for their buck ($27) and something that hopefully could be
completed in a day. As a result 11 RockMites were ordered from Dave Benson
at Small Wonder Labs.
        The RockMite has one surface mount device. That gets installed first and
the rest of the kit then builds around it. I am anxiously awaiting the day
when we have 11 builders of various expertise "gluing" that one in.
Fortunately we have planned "elmers" into the project so there will be an
experienced builder at every table to guide faltering hands.

Jim, W4ATK
K2/100 4028