Ron

You usually do not get identification marks on chip capacitors, melf/SOD80
diodes or SOT23 parts
(transistors etc)

This is what I see as the biggest issue to SMD kits as there is no visual way
for the builder to
validate he has the correct parts in the correct place so its all down to
getting these in the right
place first time. This might seem to contradict some of my earlier comments in
some ways but of read
in context it only means you need to concentrate a little harder and employ a
slightly different
methodology for the assembly of the 2 technologies.

I already know 1 builder who had some problems that ended up being a misplaced
part, a very easy
thing to do.

The part size chosen for a kit will make a big difefrence in parts managability
but will make the
inventory for compiling the kit for sale as you cannot sequence the parts as
easily on tape as on a
bandolier.

John