To Julius and Trevor,

Although I am not recommending it, on several field days some of us used a "mortar" made by by welding a base on a 3" pipe with a small hole in the rear which was filled up with acetylene and oxygen from an oxy-acetylene torch. The projectile was a regulation baseball with an eye screw screwed in, attached to a few hundred feet of thin nylon line. When loaded, the oxy-acetylene mixture was ignited by the lighted torch. We were looking for height not distance, and managed to top some 100' trees. Can you envision an extended double zepp on 40 at 80'?

Chas,  W1CG