Richard -

Thanks for the info. I'd like to avoid tcp/ip if I could because of what I assume is the latency involved. I want to operate a remote radio and yet still want to have QSK CW. Does your set-up allow QSK?

I don't have an internet connection faster than dial-up and doubt I could get anything better at a remote site.

The latency may be an incorrect assumption on my part and I'd appreciate being corrected.

Thanks again,

73 de NA8M
John

John:

Check out http://www.trx-manager.com for rig control and
http://www.skype.com for audio.

Both work great.  TRX Manager can be controlled over tcp-ip and skype
does an excellent job with audio.  You really need a high speed
connection for it to work well.

I'm currently running a TS-480 via remote and its almost plug and play.
TRX will handle rotor control, cw and will give you full software
control of the K2.

You will need a computer at both ends as Skype uses the sound card to
get audio back and forth.

One of these days when I build a K2 I will remote it also.

Also check out N8LP's web site at http://www.telepostinc.com/n8lp.html
he has quite a few good ideas with diagrams along with some downloadable
software.

I don't have any connection with the above links, I'm just a happy user.
I've been running remote since the late 90's and this is the best system
by far.

73,

Rich - N5ZC