Fraser Robertson wrote:

Interesting - I had complaint on air recently of having a wide CW carrier when using a tube linear about two feet from the K2/100.

I do NOT have the problem (and I've had people listen carefully for it) with an Alpha 86 at full power located 4 feet from the K2. For what it's worth the front panel of the Alpha is perpendicular to the front panel of the K2. The Alpha has an enormous Hypersil transformer, as Earl mentions.

I did have the problem with my HAM/2 antenna rotor control box closer than about two feet from the K2.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco