Don't do that if you want to minimize distortion, Dan.

Elecraft warns against EVER running the K2 with the power control full "up"
in SSB modes, including PSK31. The IMD increases quickly when you exceed the
rated power level (10 watts or 100 watts PEP).  It's okay on CW, where the
finals don't have to be "linear" but they still recommend against turning
the POWER control to a setting above that which the K2 can actually deliver.

I set the soundcard drive to run BELOW the rated power so the ALC doesn't
kick in. If you've modified the ALC circuit to have a better delay
characteristic for PSK31 this isn't so critical, but I suspect it's a good
idea to avoid ALC action in any case. I switch the bargraph to ALC mode, set
my output power to 10 watts (or 100 watts if you're QRO) or less, then
adjust the signal in from the sound card to a point just BELOW that at which
the first ALC bar flickers. Actually I commonly set the POWER control for 10
watts, then adjust the soundcard drive for 5 watts output. That also ensures
the ALC is not being activated.

Also make sure your SSB Compression is OFF.

Ron AC7AC