Several years ago, K3HRN set up an Elecraft Rig Owner's Database at:
http://tinyurl.com/4g2vy

I don't know what the status of it is other than it's still up, but it shows
less than 200 users! That's a far cry from the number of rigs sold. It's
free. It requires a simple log-in, but you can view the data without doing
that using a generic log-in provided.

Of course, listing owners on a public database should only happen if they
give their permission. One way to be sure to have each person's permission
is to have the owners actually enter the data.

I can't recall when I last saw a post by K3HRN on the reflector. Perhaps
he's not active here any longer. In any case, it seems that a more complete
searchable database like that would be a great asset to ops all over the
world looking for a little local help or who would like to talk to someone
local and perhaps see a rig 'up close and personal' before buying it.

Ron AC7AC