I was tweaking up my Band Pass filters the other day, and noticed something
weird. If you advance the Power Requested knob fully clockwise, it reads
15.2 watts on all bands except 12 meters. For 24 megacyccles per second, it
shows 10.0 watts.

The K2 (#2456 + A:B, etc.) produces over 10 watts (but not 15.2!) everywhere
below 24kkcps, but this behavior of the POUT display has me baffled. Since I
always run 5 watts anyhow, I don't see any operational issue, but I sure am
curious. Also, power seems a bit low on 10 (and maybe 12) meters, and
current a bit high on 160 - I'd not noticed due to the above mentioned
self-imposed 5 watt limit.

Any ideas out there?

Dan / WG4S / K2 #2456

Raw data (Power from the KAT2 in CALP mode, Heathkit Cantenna). Power: Car
battery on 16 guage wire (My bench supply peaks at 3A).

kkcps   Pout (max CW)
 1.8    9.9   (High-current annunciator, CAL Cur at 4.0)
 3.5   13.9
 7.0   13.5
10.1   12.9
14.0   13.8
18.1   14.1
21.0   11.4
24.9    9.6   (Software limited or hardware? Hummmm.....)
28.0    5.8