1) Mine may be going bad:

I suspect my temp controlled soldering station is going south on me.  In
building my K2, I've noticed that it takes longer to get the solder flowing.

Are there any _cheap_ but somewhat accurate ways of testing a station like
this?  (Sorry, don't remember the brand name but it is one of the known
ones.)

2) recommendations (again, please, no wars here):

If I have to replace my current station, can someone tell which of the
Weller stations are good and which are ones to avoid.  It seems that Weller
is the only thing that I can get in town.

(I'll take other recommendations just in case I have to go on-line to order
one.)

Thanks, folks, in advance.

Hope you are all having a safe, fun holiday.

Michael N4NMR