Kirb, VE6IV asked:

I'm also in the market for a good variable temp station. Where is a good
place to buy on-line?

------------------------

I got my Hakko 936 ESD at T-equipment here:

http://www.tequipment.net/

Here's a direct link to their page showing the Hakko station I have:
http://tinyurl.com/56r3n

After looking at the bewildering array of options on the web site, I called
them on the telephone to discuss their recommendations about tips, etc.
Their telephone rep was very knowledgeable and helpful.

That was my only dealing with them. The name came to me through Tom Hammond,
N0SS, who mentioned them in a post here.

Ron AC7AC