Stewart G3RXQ wrote:

>> It would be very helpful if someone could check
>> their K2/KPA100/KAT100 and see
>> if they get the same results.

Yes, my K2/KPA100/KAT100 does the same thing.

Thatr being said:  I never tried the DISPLAY/TUNE
feature before to see what the rig will do full-bore,
nor would I normally vary the power control while
transmitting a full carrier.  In general, I operate
either at a few watts, or about 50, or about 100.  So
I never noticed this 'bug' before.  Near as I can
tell, the anomaly won't affect my operating, but I am
intertested to know what you are doing that
precipitated this discovery and the possible effects
on your station operation.