Stewart Baker wrote,

Since my original mail I have found that this anomaly only occurs when on
transmit, and is independent of whether RF is being generated or not.

I quite often vary my power during a transmission to get signal reports
on different station configurations e.g speech processing, antennas,
microphones, etc.

This does not really effect my station operation, but is a minor
irritant in that I cannot rely on the LEDS always showing the correct status
of my K2/100 power out, as the manual says that they should. I will probably disconnect the LEDS, as at present they are rather confusing.

I have a simpler solution: let go of the PTT when changing power output.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco