Jim, from memory typical DMM's do not have low capacitance ranges. I have a LCR type portable DMM that has more useful ranges, but is not so good for voltage and current measurements. It's lowest capacitance range is 200pF full scale so it's possible to measure C's in the pF region. Over here such meters cost about £80, a lot more than typical cheap DMM's. I found it very handy for checking C's and L's when building the K2.

73 Fraser G4BJM