On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 13:23 -0800, Jim F. wrote:
> What is the lowest capacitance value you can measure with the popular  DMMs ?
>
> (in picoFarads ?)  DMM specs do not spell out what the minimum capacitance
> is..

My Meterman 34XR has 4 scales - 4000, 400, 40 and 4 uF max scale,
resolution is 1 nF. Not terribly useful for things like building K2's -
which annoys me, because I bought it to build my K2, and intentionally
bought a meter that can measure capacitance. That's what I get for not
paying attention to the range that it could measure... :-( Oh well, it's
still a very nice meter.

I'll probably end up buying this: http://www.aade.com/lcmeter.htm when I
can afford it and want to spoil myself. The specs say it can measure
".010 pf to 1 uF (most units measure to 1.5 uF)". Also inductance: ".001
uHy (1 nHy) to 100 mHy (most units measure to 150 mHy)".

--
73, Brian
VE7NGR