Mike,

A goodly amount of force is normal. It is often difficult to hold the bail and foot still and straight enough to get the proper screws into the holes. I temporarily use the longest black screws that you have in the K2 kit (the ones that will be used to mount the final transistors) - use just the long screw and a nut, you can put enough force on the bail and foot to insert the long screw at an angle and start the nut on it. Then that screw can be tightened enough to get the foot at a better angle - once you have 2 temporary screws in that way, you can tighten them and then remove one at a time and put the proper mounting screws in with their lockwashers. It takes more time to tell about it than to do it.

73,
Don W3FPR

----- Original Message ----- I'm currently building my K2, and have come to the tilt bail installation part. I must be missing something, because the force required to compress the tilt bail between the two rubber feet seems very excessive. To make the bail fit between to feet will require A LOT of force.

Is this normal? Whenever I have to really force something when building, my first thought is that something is not right....although I really don't see how anything could be wrong here. I appreciate any feedback.

Mike Hagey/NR7F