Hello all -
My basic K2 #4667 was operating on cw EXTREMELY well (audio outstanding by the way compared to two prior K2's).

However, today I finished and installed the SSB board. W2-W3and C167 were removed from the RF board per instructions. According to the menu the SSB board is communicating with the K2. However I literally hear nothing but very quiet unchanging background noise. Before WWV was knocking my ears off at 10 o'clock on the AF knob. If I remove the antenna there is no change in sound. If I remove the SSB board the background sound comes up but I still don't to hear anything including WWV.

What SHOULD I be able to hear in cw mode with W2-3 cut and C167 removed and the SSB board off? I first need to determine if I may have harmed the RF board when removing the 3 items, but I do not not what it should be capable of with C167 removed. If it should be pretty much just like it was prior to cutting the jumpers and C167 then I have a major problem. (Shoot - that baby was running dyno-mite on cw!!!!!)

If I can confirm the RF board is still OK then I will put SSB board back in and start voltage checks. Thanks in advance for any help.
73/Tim NZ7C