From: Geoffrey Mackenzie-Kennedy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2005 1:10 AM
To: EricJ
Cc: Elecraft Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Ultimatic Keying.

One step away from a bug in that a string of dahs not just one dah comes out
when you hit and hold the dah paddle. There is a circuit in "Solid State
Design for the Radio Amateur" page 178 that I think does this using three
NE555 'timer' ICs, VERY simple, with a pot controlling speed. The Dah, Dit
and Spacing  times can also be adjusted to suit the user's taste. The
authors were discussing applications of the NE555,  not keyers as such. CMOS
ICs would keep the power draw low.
73,
Geoff.
GM4ESD