Eric wrote:
The SSB OP1 filter can be used with different
BFO settings in each of the four SSB filter memory settings, creating
low and high cut settings.

I installed the mod kit to widen my OPT1 filter and I'm really pleased with
it. Listening to AM stations, the K2 sounds as good as most any
"communications" receiver I've ever had and, with an external speaker, as
good as most AM radios I have.

I have programmed in several different BFO frequencies to allow me to shift
that passband around a bit - sort of pre-programmed "passband tuning" - that
is very handy to provide the best response when listening to various rigs
and voices. I'm strictly a "casual" SSB operator so I'm concentrating on the
quality of the audio, not in digging in the mud for the weak ones. I'll
leave that for CW <G>

You can call me an "easy listening" SSB operator.

Ron AC7AC