Me too,

I sold my K3, and my next transceiver purchase will definitely be a big box
with a built-in bandscope, better audio, and with more dedicated controls
(not as many multi-use buttons).  It would be great if Elecraft would offer
such a product.  With their fantastic customer service, I think
Elecraftwould attract many (if not most)
Icom and Yaesu customers who would prefer an American alternative, if only
they would address the market differently.  Having the best performance and
specifications from a technical standpoint is obviously a big plus, but for
many hams, there is more to enjoying a radio than technical performance
alone. Also, I may be wrong, but I don't think portability is a major issue
for most hams.

I know than many hams think that the K3 is nearly perfect just the way it
is.  My opinion is that a slightly larger radio with better ergonomics, an
updated display, and better audio would not diminish the appeal of this
magnificent radio, but would enhance it; and would reward Elecraft with an
excellent market share.

Dan