This is mostly the "silly season" because the topic just keeps coming up ..
over and over.  And no one apparently has anything else to do in the summer.
So obviously, there is a desire out there for a big huge box with everything
anyone could possibly want in it among a few, many, all (-1).    It may be
perfectly reasonable.  Seems to me to beg the point.

But by the time the committee design on the thing is done, it will require a
GPS navigator with an associated 60" 1080p 3D screen to find all of the buttons
and knobs on the front panel -- which, with all of the accessories requested to
be included, including the stereo Klipsch Horn speakers for better audio will
occupy a 7' tall 19" rack, or will be a niche product for hams with really
really tiny hands that makes Belgian waffles complete with syrup out of the box.

I'm personally quite happy there is an organization and a team driven by a
clear set of objectives and design principles, and that this radio is not
(mostly at least) a "design by Tuesday's reflector traffic".

Really -- just wait a little while, and some of shore outfit will start selling
yet another big radio, that will impress everyone, weigh a ton, be the best
contest radio ever created, run no less than 3000W with no key down limit, be
flat from 12-30,000 Hz,  look the the Eniac, and be the radio that follows the
"last and best" radio they'll ever make.  And probably work pretty well, too.

Grant/NQ5T