Brett,

I think the K3 gets an undeserved "bad rap" for the menus.  The main
menu has only 13 items in it, and those are the items most likely to be
changed during operation.  Assigning these menu items to buttons might
make sense in some instances, but I don't change mics very often, nor do
I change the LED or LCD brightness often, so even the MAIN menu in my K3
gets little use.

Yes, the CONFIG menu is large and has many settings, but those are
usually changed only as one has occasion to add options, or experiment
with some of the settings to see if the operation of the K3 can be
improved (such as the AGC settings).  I cannot see the CONFIG menu items
needing a button because they should not be needed in normal operation -
experiment a bit to determine the best setting, and then leave it
there.  Too much "monkeying" with the CONFIG menu can lead to
unintentional changes that cause "stange and confusing happenings".

If there is a need to access a CONFIG menu item frequently, perhaps one
should lobby for moving that menu item to the main menu.

73,
Don W3FPR