I know that the big box thread has been killed I was going to post my
thoughts yesterday but did not

The only thing the DMU in my subjective opinion was good for besides
(pretty eye candy) was the
menu being completely displayed in plain English, it does
everything..... but nothing well.

Second I really miss the triple band stacking memory in a key pad
numbers on the face of the
radio so....here are my thoughts while I have gotten used to how the
face of the radio does work.

My subjective opinion
I do not like to play "Point and click" computer control radio I want to
operate the radio from the
Radio not a computer, to have this option is nice however so.

Wish list

Front panel option
A removable front panel  for one that is much large ...to be determined
by the (engineers who have
done such a marvelous job with the ergonomics of the great radio)
Remember the ts2000 computer
radio face have a cable that connects to a new front end panel like some
sorta of HDMI cable to the
new remote face which could be adjusted to a 45 degree angle or what
ever have the full size buttons
band stacking registry big knobs single tap menu changes all the stuff
one wish for to be determined
by the engineers who design this stuff. I know that I have missed some
feature to be engineered into
this new remote face take a pole see what the customer base would support.
This would be an option so the original size box is not out dated or
made obsolete by then next better
box.
A one tap QMB

Last I like lifting the small radio much better than my newly departed
one owner 18 year old
FT1000d ....small is good with a (remote) new bigger front face for the
K3 would be all good.

Things I love about Elecraft and the K3
The best company in Amateur Radio to deal with customer support
The fact the owners and design team don't hide from the forum and take
e-mails even complaints
High performance in a small light package
The fact you don't have to sell a 2 year old top end radio at 1/2 price
then double the original cost
to get the next latest hype this "new radio" chase is stupid as I see it
I'm done playing the game.

I have ground off the Yaesu tattoo on my chest I will probably never...
purchase another new...
Yaesu radio the FT2000 DMU U-tuning kit experience was a painful eye
opening experience.
YAESU LIED AND MY LOYALTY DIED no diversity receive, triple roof filters
soft front end
stuff that they covered up. Rushing new stuff to market before its ready
to beat the competition.

I know that new products are not easy to learn or adjust to a DVD that
shows all the features
with explanation of how this all works might be useful many learn much
better with audio visual
teaching than reading a manual.

Sorry for the band width Eric

Regards