Given Alan's plans, I detect a need for an XG3 now that he wants to make the
P3 amplitude calibration per band.

The XG3 could be ten band 160 through 6M accurate 50 uV and 1uV source.
Actually I might want something other than 1 uV as that is an awkward value
between S3 and S2.

So a 10-band source with -73 dBm and -103 dBm outputs might be better
because -103 dBm would be S-4 for those who like 6dB per S-unit and S-3 for
those who want  5dB per S-unit.

AE6WA

Mike Scott

Tarzana, CA

Alan N1AL said:

On my list of features to add is amplitude calibration, similar to the

S-meter calibration in the K3.  I plan to make it per-band to account

for variations in the K3 RF chain and to separately measure the gain of

the K3's preamp and the attenuator.  This level of accuracy isn't really

needed for normal operation of a radio, but as an ex-Agilent/HP engineer

I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to measurement accuracy.  :=)