When I got back on the air in 2003 after a long absence, it was at Field Day
and our club used WriteLog. I've always been a contester at heart, so I
bought it and used it for about four years. Then my new Field Day group here
in CA decided they were using the N1MM Logger, so I downloaded it and started
using it so I would be proficient on Field Day.

It wasn't long before I liked N1MM a lot more than WriteLog, and for about
three years, it's been my primary contest logging software. That decision was
cast in concrete a year or so ago when I put a new computer in my ham shack
and tried to install WriteLog on it for guest operators. WriteLog wouldn't
install, because it was more than a year since I had purchased an upgrade.
Goodbye WriteLog.

The primary reasons I like N1MM better are operating features that give me a
competitive advantage. It also helps that it's free. :)

73, Jim K9YC