George,

I was on the verge of developing these same macros, but I got hung up on the
toggle of the H & L gain setting being a toggle and not knowing what setting
it is to start with.  Leaving the Menu up seems to be a workable solution to
this.  I guess once you start using the macros for this, and don't do
anything to get out of sync (like using the same macro twice like you say),
this should work.

Thanks!

73,
Randy, KS4L