That's certainly the thing to do, Barry, but most operators have found the
Elecraft keyers work FB once they figure out which mode they already know
;-)

I built an Accukeyer back in the 70's and used it until I got the K2 and had
to go through the same process. But the K2 and K3 keyers work FB for me in
Mode A . Just for fun I tried Mode B and found myself stumbling all over the
place, Hi!

It would be worth a comment here if you find neither mode works for you.
Wayne and Eric are *always* interested in customer feedback.

Ron AC7AC

I'll give Mode B a try in the K3.  If it isn't to my liking, I'll just hook
up one of my many external keyers.

Speaking of the HST and Ultimatic (from K2AV's post) I used Ultimatic in the
competition in the numbers-only run.  I was much less prone to errors than
true Iambic.  The only other person I know who uses Ultimatic routinely is
W5ZL, who also participated in the HST in LZ last year.

Barry W2UP