Fra: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
På vegne af Fred Jensen
Sendt: 21. september 2010 01:09
Til: Elecraft Reflector
Emne: Re: [Elecraft] K3 CW keyer issues

On 9/20/2010 3:24 PM, DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL wrote:
> I agree with the comment about Iambic A vs B option.  I really
> couldn't stand the keyer (at first) until I swapped from A to B (or
> was it from B to A?).  Now, smooth as silk and nothing is every
> missed.  Of course, that was years ago now (one of my K3s is first
> run).

I have always run Mode A from the time that Iambic came along, I can't manage
the extra dit that Mode B inserts.  Nor have I ever mastered the fine art of
squeezing gently.  Too old I guess.  I get perfect keying from my K3 using the
HexKey, and so far as I know, it has never burped, belched, or stuttered.  I
have ... but not the radio.  In contests when running N1MM with a USB WinKey, I
use the K3 internal keyer for fills and requests and I've never experienced a
problem there either even though N1MM is polling the radio.

My K2 exhibits a very tiny, just noticeable occasional "irregularity"
but it is very rare and not a problem.  Incidentally, the HexKey is markedly
smoother and better than either of my two "vanilla" Benchers with the spring.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- Celebrating our 40th year on the air