What really is missing here is a wireless headphone/mic that does not
need cords and can be worked with line in/out.  The enemy is not the
smaller and smaller boxes.  One day I will have a K3 AND a TV AND a
browser that fits on my wrist.  The "K3" will be an app that can be
configured to talk to just about anything.  I will be able to be in CA
and run my K3 in NC.

We're close.

I'll have a keyboard that only talks to my master com unit on my
wrist.  A video expander that gets its stuff only from my master com
unit on my wrist.  Permanent storage that gets its stuff and sends its
stuff to/from my master com unit on my wrist.

Does anyone put up with phones with cords anymore?  Or remote controls
with cords.  Or car keys that you actually have to put in a lock?

Is there some way to move FORWARD in our love/hate relationship with
cords?  Talk about old and dust covered analog.  Listen to us, talking
about solving ergonometric problems with patch panels.  Quaint, and a
part of me thinks that's really neat.  Rest of me thinks that's really
retro.

Small is very useful.  Right now I have my K3, a Microham u2R, a K2/10
and an EC2 BOX KPA100/KAT100 box, some speakers in the 6 1/2 inch
space directly under my 32" 16x10 monitor, which is at the level
picked out by SAS' ergo people years ago to fix my head/neck/back
problem at work (worked brilliantly).  The entire space is taken up by
my MP as an alternate, and of course totally inadequate for my 75A3
and Ranger.

Big hands/thumbs/fingers are not under our control.  I have small
fingers and thereby do not have issues that others do.  But shouldn't
our solutions be how to make SMALL fit WELL with BIG fingers?

What will you big finger guys do when your master com unit is strapped
to your wrist.  How are you coping with Iphones, Ipads, and the like.
Ignoring all of that and only buying "big-button" cell phones?  And
complaining endlessly about the key pads on Blackberries?

What direction is the future from this discussion?  How do we run our
K3's controls from an Android touch app?

There are days when the discussion here seems to be screaming to go
back to the past, and learning digital is the absolute enemy.

73, and Blackberries drove me nuts with SMALL fingers...

Guy.