On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 18:19 -0400, Bruce McLaughlin wrote:
> As I recall, if you get the KPA100 it has an I/O so you do not need (and
> I believe) can't install the I/O in the K2.  They physically interfere
> with each other.
>
> I would also consider buying and installing the 160 meter adaptor before
> the KPA100.  Although I don't have the 160 adaptor in my K2/100, I seem
> to remember that if you go too far before installing the 160 adaptor you
> have to take a lot of things apart to install it later.  Maybe someone
> else can better explain that.

The KBT1 and KAT2 are also incompatible with a KPA100 mounted on top of
a K2.

To install the K160RX, you need to remove the heat sink from the PA
transistors.  It probably is better to build and test the basic K2
before doing any of the mods (except for installing the necessary
headers), so you will need to remove the heat sink in any case.

73, Bob N7XY