Alan,

Thanks for the answer to my question.  That would be a simple accessory.

Now to answer your question.  A lot depends on how your station is
setup.  If the radio is placed so it is very inconvienient to
disconnect the cable, it makes sense to add a switch.  And, there may
be times when you might want to look at the TX signal without actually
changing it.

Since I saw the 'disconnect the cable' routine in the P3 manual on
line, I'll assume there is little possibility of damage to the K3/P3
by doing this.

Since it can be useful, and the proceedure is documented, why not make
it a 'feature', not a 'work around'?  A relay in the P3 and some code
to configure a soft key, and maybe a modal to activate yes/no.

I'm relatively new to the K3 and don't have a P3 yet.  But hope to in
a month or so.  I'd like this option.

Thank you.

...bc

...bc