That sounds like arcing somewhere Mike (BTW, it's QRN - N - noise instead of
QRM -M for interference from other stations).

It could be a power line insulator. Sometimes a fluorescent bulb dying
sounds like that as the starter keeps re-engaging. I've heard that sort of
thing from some street lights that are flickering. Sodium lamps generally
create hash, but ordinary incandescent bulbs, in a street light or somewhere
in the house, can do exactly the same (their filaments sometimes fail but
are still touching and there is intermittent arcing across the opening).

Unfortunately the possibilities are as endless as the number of places there
might be something arcing over.

How's the weather been? The advent of the rainy season sometimes causes
dirty power line insulators to arc. When it rains enough it may wash the
dirt off the insulator it may stop all by itself.

I'd tackle it like others have chased RFI here: start switching off circuits
throughout the house while listening. If it stops, you are in luck - it's
something under your control in the circuit you shut down.

If not, you'll need to start hunting with a portable radio. Follow the
strongest signal along the power lines. At that point you can start to
enlist the help of your power company. Cooperation varies a lot, but some
are extremely helpful.

One time I was bedeviled with noise like that and couldn't track it down. It
was emanating from the general area of several blocks in the neighborhood.
Then, one night after dark, I noticed something while taking a walk. A
intermittent weak flashing on one of the power poles. And there it was - a
dirty insulator arcing over. The utility came out within a couple of days
and hosed down all the insulators in the neighborhood!

Ron AC7AC