It will in the K3 case. If you have SHIFT centered, the APF filter
will be at your sidetone pitch. So in most cases you won't even need
to do a SHIFT; just turn APF on using a full counterclockwise setting
of the WIDTH control. SHIFT can be used if you want to tune in a
station that is slightly off your sidetone pitch.

Wayne