Not exactly - for instance, I did not purchase Monster Cable because
it was exorbitantly priced, but I found a less expensive alternative
that was just as flexible.

Everything has its value to those of us who make the choices of what to
purchase.  Prior to purchasing my audio gear, I have done exhaustive
comparative listening tests to select the gear that would suit my ears
and my budget at the time.  There is advertising hype, and then there is
good science, and then there is what I can perceive with my ears, and
then there is my budget for such things - all have to balance before I
make a purchase decision.

73,
Don W3FPR