Hey guys, don't get me wrong. I never meant to say that James didn't do a
wonderful job at trouble shooting than testing by shorting out the choke.  That
wasn't my point at all.  I wasn't even meaning to comment on his work at all.
Other than to say that he appears to be a very competent person for sure.  It
seemed that he knew exactly where he was going, and seemed to get it done right.

What I was responding to was the other person that was trying to tell james
that he shouldn't send his rig in because it would take "MONTHS" to get back.
My point to that other person was it was wrong of him to make such a complaint
unfounded, and that without knowing what the actual back log at Elecraft was.
He really shouldn't be trying to 'scare' people like that.

As for the board swap, I was just mentioning it as an option because I knew
that James didn't want to be without his rig any longer than he needed to be.
Plus I was confident that with a Kit rig like the K3 it wouldn't be any trouble
for Elecraft to send another RF board because of a simple Choke that had been
manufactured improperly.  Furthermore, as I just stated, I could clearly tell
that James is perfectly capable of swapping a board after he's done all this
work. To me as someone that repairs gear I would NEVER leave a choke shorted
out just because it worked that way.. You never know what other problems your
going to create for yourself later on.
Of course if James wants to replace the choke by itself that would be ideal.
That would save him a lot of time disassembling the rig, and could fix his
problem post haste.

I'm not sure where my message was read wrong.. But to answer your question as
to whether or not I bought my rig as a kit, Yes, of course, as someone that
repairs these rigs I would be a hypocrite if I hadn't built my own.. well, that
or a "very busy" guy... LOL 73 both...